Entries Now Open
Entries into all four categories of this year's South West Chef of the Year competition are now open.
Below you will find details of the entry criteria, as well as the compulsory ingredients for each category, along with the dates of the various stages of the competition, all of which will take place at Exeter College in Devon. You can also find out more about the competition on the website.
Entrants are requested to complete the online entry form and send in their menu, full recipes for both courses (including method) and photographs of their completed dishes. Full details of the brief and rules of entry can be found on the competition website. Entries close at midnight on Wednesday 26 July.
Professional Chef - any age and working as a sous chef/pastry chef or above (sponsored by Ritter Courivaud and Ritter Fresh)
Young Professional Chef - aged 19-24, working in any role in the kitchen up to and including junior sous chef (sponsored by Essential Cuisine)
Student/Apprentice Chef - aged 16-19 and at college or in an apprenticeship (sponsored by Nisbets)
Home Cook - aged 16+ and never having worked or trained in the catering industry
Awards - In addition to the above awards, all finalists have the chance to win one of the following awards:
- Best Menu
- Best Dish
- Best Presentation
- Best Showcase of Regional Ingredients
One of the category winners will be awarded the overall title of South West Chef of the Year 2023
- Entry closing date – midnight on Wednesday 26 July
- Professional and Student/Apprentice Chef semi-finals – Saturday 30 September, Exeter College
- Home Cook and Junior Chef finals – Saturday 7 October, Exeter College
- Professional and Student/Apprentice Chef finals – Tuesday 24 October, Exeter College
- Awards Presentation Dinner – Tuesday 24 October, Exeter Golf and Country Club