Taste of the West is proud to host 8 fantastic members and producers under the West Country brand at this year's Speciality & Fine Food Fair.
You can find us in our iconic regional branded pavilion on stand 2020, located in a prime position bordering the main show gangway and busy main entrance, as well as upstairs on the gallery level in the Discovery Zone on stands 2018 and 2019 - a vibrant hub full of some of the best products on the market.
Exhibiting at the show this year are...
Capreolus Fine Foods Ltd, Dorset
- Capreolus has recently launced 3 new salamis, all will be available for sampling at the show. Find out more about them here.
- Capreolus' Venison & Green Peppercorn Salami and New Forest Pannage Ham both won GOLD awards in this year's Taste of the West Product Awards. Find out more about these products and their awards success here.
- Capreolus are supporters of the Slow Food Org which underpins their ethos: artisan charcuterie made slowly in West Dorset by award winning epicureans.
- Furniss will be displaying and sampling their new Cornish scenic range at the show - find out more here and discover the range here.
- Furniss will also be showcasing their new Furniss Cookies by Teoni Range - find out more here.
- Products in both ranges have done incredibly well in this year's Taste of the West Awards. In total, Furniss was awarded 14 Gold awards, 3 Silver awards and 2 Commended awards in 2021.
Boddington's Berries, Cornwall
- Boddington's Berries is a family run, rural business supplying high quality, high fruit content preserves to a range of industries, from independent retailers to holiday lets and hamper companies. Based in Mevagissey Cornwall, the family have been growing strawberries for over 80 years and making preserves for 20. They pride themselves on quality products and great customer service - being big enough to deliver, but small enough to care.
- Brand new for September 2021, Boddington's are introducing two new festive fruity flavours of conserve and marmalade just in time for the winter season: Dumpsie Dearie Conserve (containing Kea Plum, apple, and pear) and Rum & Raisin Orange Marmalade.
- Boddington's will also be showcasing their new Christmas 2021 range which includes the Christmas Chutney, Christmas Kea Plum Conserve, Cranberry Relish, Orange Marmalade & Whiskey, and Strawberry & Brut.
- Godminster Farm on the outskirts of Bruton in the heart of Somerset is an organic farm which homes over 300 organic dairy cows, and also boasts fruitful orchards filled with a variety of delicious fruits and herbs which are used as inspiration for many of the Godminster products.
- The cows at Godminster Farm are raised organically and produce a deliciously creamy milk that is perfect for cheesemaking. Godminster's sustainable approach to farming is a major contributor to the distinctive taste of their award-winning cheese; their Vintage Organic Cheddar was named “the Nation’s Favourite Organic Product” in 2019
- Sample their NEW Daredevil Chilli Vintage Organic Cheddar at this year's show: a scarlet truckle proudly bearing Godminster’s iconic craft Union Jack label. Featuring caramelised onions and garlic as well as plenty of punchy Daredevil chilli flavour, this cheddar truckle is the first new innovation for Godminster since their Black Truffle launched in 2019.
Foxcombe Bakehouse, Devon
- All of Foxcombe's cakes, biscuits and sweet snacks are handmade in Devon, using only real ingredients, traditional recipes, no added preservatives and local fresh free-range eggs. A delicious range of award winning and gluten free cakes and bakes.
- A full range to 'eat on the go' - all with plastic-free packaging. The range includes brownies, millionaires shortbread and a whole selection of flapjacks - there’s a different flavour for every day of the week. Delicious!
- Larger bags for sharing - from oaties, flapjacks and ginger biscuits to shortbread and rocky road.
Rosemullion Distillery, Cornwall - Discovery Zone on Gallery Stand 2018
- Rosemullion Distillery is a small distillery set in the rural Cornwall countryside, close to the Helford River. They are a craft distiller and creator of artisan Cornish gin and rum, with a passion for quality, flavour, and authenticity.
- Their copper still gins are based on traditional recipes, and some are subsequently infused with local fruit, retaining the delicate and distinctive flavours. Their gins are so full of flavour that it’s best to drink them simply with good quality tonic water, ice and maybe a slice to suit your taste.
- Their Taste of the West Gold award-wining rums are 100% pot-batch distilled to ensure they retain their essential flavours.
Clarence & Bean, Devon
- Based in the South West of England, Clarence & Bean are an award-winning confectionery manufacturer. Specialising in gourmet fudge and brittles through to chocolate Easter Eggs, they supply great tasting products for all seasons.
- Clarence & Bean have been awarded Taste of the West Gold and Silver awards in 2021 for some of their latest products.
- With over 70 years of fudge making experience and trained confectioners hand cooking with the finest ingredients, it's their attention to detail that makes Clarence & Bean The Quality Confectioners.
Shanty Spirit, Dorset - Discovery Zone on Gallery Stand 2019
- This evocative small batch botanical vodka offers you an experience like no other. An expertly crafted intricate blend of five hand-foraged organic British seaweeds create stunning undercurrents of umami flavour. The seaweeds are handpicked from the Dorset coastline. This subtle depth of flavour is further enhanced by ripples of wasabi, galangal, yuzu, bergamot and sea buckthorn dancing on the surface.
- Each botanical vodka is separately vacuum distilled to extract and retain the freshness that nature intended. Finally, they add a pinch of Dorset sea salt to re-mineralise the purest of water with which the spirit is cut. Let your taste buds take the plunge and transport yourself directly to the water’s edge.
- Head to stand 2019 to meet Hugh, the creator of this evocative vodka, bringing you something completely new to the show. He'll be offering samples of vodka on the stand, and in addition to the 70cl bottle they now have 20cl and 5cl bottles.