At Taste of the West our vision is simple: to promote the South West’s excellent food and drink. In order to meet this goal, we depend on a team of professional and passionate people. Since starting up in 1991, we have grown our membership to over 1,000 members from the industry and are now owned by the members.
As the company continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our team as an Accounts Administrator (full or part-time), in our offices at Whimple, EX5 2NL.
- Manage the Purchase Ledger by inputting purchase invoices.
- Manage the incoming direct debits and set up new ones.
- Complete Bank Reconciliations on Sage each month.
- Compile and process invoices to 3rd parties for membership, sales etc.
- Credit control including sending out statements and phone calls.
- VAT Reconciliation and Returns.
- Any other tasks as required to assist the smooth running of the finance part of the business.
- AAT level 3 or qualification in Bookkeeping.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly numerate with ability to interpret financial information and pick up discrepancies.
- Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Previous experience using SAGE.
- Highly organised.
- Good typing skills (touch typing highly desirable).
- A self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Data protection and confidentiality awareness is important.
The successful candidate will have an accountancy or bookkeeping qualification and have experience working in a professional environment. You will be highly organised and competent, with the ability to work on your own initiative within a small team. If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
To apply please send your CV to Caroline Cook (email email@example.com).